Please be aware that Hinsdale Middle School does not specifically observe Halloween or encourage students to wear costumes, although they are allowed. If a student dresses in a costume they must follow the guidelines below:
- No Props – such as brooms, wands, knives, etc.
- No Masks
- No Fake Blood
- No Aerosol Cans or Silly String
- Normal Footwear
- Limited Face Make-up… We need the ability to identify the student.
- School Appropriate Costume – Non-Offensive – No longer than Ankle Length
- Hats – Only if it goes with the costume
- Makeup and Hair Spray needs to be applied BEFORE arriving at school.
- Candy and treats should not be brought to school or provided at school due to state and district food guidelines.
Students will be referred to the office who have not followed the guidelines listed above, and run the risk of being asked to change. Please contact Mr. May, Assistant Principal, if you have any questions or concerns.